Yeah! I feel good... and felt good for most of the run. Part being in better shape, part luck.
Only at one point (on Centre St. on the way home) did I feel discouraged, and that was slight.
Have not blogged in days. Wed went out with Mal & Bunny, had 2 glasses of wine (Estancia zinfandel, very good) and Asian potstickers with sticky rice at Parrish. Thursday went out with Brian to Ivy.. had he pork with chocolate sauce sounds weird but was very, very good. Risotto / orange appetizer thing was delicious too. Friday had TJ's quesadilla for lunch, made in toaster oven, v. good for a frozen quesadilla, had cheese + crackers and wine for dinner (wanted Estancia but they didn't have it, got Joel Gott instead which was quite good). Had half a bottle of wine + a gin and tonic on Friday night. Yesterday Andrew came over and we made crepes for breakfast... one savory, filled with scrambled egg and harvarti dill cheese, with chicken sausage on the side, and one sweet, filled with strawberries and chocolate ganche (made an easy chocolate ganache mixing baker' chocolate, whole milk, and 1 tsp sugar over a double boiler). Went to Wonderspice for Thai for dinner. Got the mango curry which was disappointing.
Today went to the Allston street fair and tried a variety of interesting street fair food. No funnel cakes here... they had salad and gourmet sherbet and vegetarian asian food (interesting but not motivated to go to the restaurant).
I am totally a foodie. I love food. I think I can cultivate that without guilt as long as I keep up the physical activity.
This week the goal will be to eat yogurt every day. I really feel like I lost more weight the weeks I ate yogurt than the weeks I didn't. Of course can't know this for sure since I'm not weighing myself.
One thing I realized this week is that I am starting to say no to plans, or make creative changes to plans, in order to eat better and save money. I can't remember exactly when I turned down plans, but I know I did it. Making crepes was an example of adapting plans to save money... instead of spending $18 each on brunch at Centre St cafe (delicious though it is) we spent $12 total on crepe ingredients.
Maybe tomorrow I will go to a yoga class either instead of or in addition to running.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment