It went pretty well, actually. That's something I can say I've never done before. I ran the whole way, stopping only to wait to cross the street on the way back. I experimented with pace and stride a little bit. I have the sense that I can go faster but I'm hesitant to push it. I experimented with lengthening my stride which felt more efficient and also felt as though I was lower to the ground. This was more pressure on my shins than my regular stride.
I continue to feel some upper back / lower neck pain which seems to be associated with being hunched forward... I spent less energy trying to keep my shoulders up and back than I did the last run and the pain was less prominent than it was the last run. Maybe I was creating more pressure by overcompensating.
Lastly I felt the beginnings of a side cramp (looong time since I've felt that when running) which I breathed through without too much problem.
After my run I had a snack of tortilla and a glass of skim milk.
I didn't have the energy to make the tuna steak, so I just reheated tortellini which needed to get eaten anyway. I steamed some broccoli in the microwave and added just a little bit of butter (like half a teaspoon) just for the flavor and salt.
Now to attempt an evening home alone trying not to eat out of boredom (If I feel hungry, I will eat something, hopefully not peanut butter out of the jar....)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment