Saturday, August 29, 2009

disaster

Just chalk yesterday up to a 10,000 calorie consumption disaster. After the boneless buffalo wings for lunch, I had every intention of being good. But after work when I met up with Mal she said, we gotta get a drink! Twist my arm.

We went to On the Border which, all things considered, could have been worse. I had 2 margaritas, some chips and salsa, and we split an order of popcorn shrimp, which I didn't have much of and wasn't that big in the first place. But then over the course of the night I had 5 more beers - 3 pints and 2 bottles, and then we went back to Mal's house where we ate probably almost a whole jar of salsa con queso (I was afraid to look) with chips, and I also ate a slice of DiGiornio pizza.

Today getting back on track, while bumming that my camping trip (and associated trail run) has been rained out. Left Mal's at 7 to go to the lab, stopped at Starbucks for an iced coffee with milk and apple bran muffin. Was hungry when I got back home at 11 so made a yummy peanut noodle dish with spaghetti, peanut butter, and spicy peanut viniagrette. Not the healthiest thing in the world due to all the fat int he peanut butter, and I also could have had a smaller portion. But I was craving comfort hangover food and I think this was a better option than say, nachos. I also am excited that I can make a tasty, easy, peanut sauce and I'm pretty sure mine is lighter than the one I had from Center St. Cafe (although that is so, so delicious). I'm planning a very light and healthy dinner: a spicy tuna steak and steamed broccoli. Also, today will be my first run in the rain (unless it stops before I get out there). Need to get some new tunes as Jen's Superfantastic playlist is getting kinda old.

No comments:

Post a Comment