Well technically it was frozen yogurt. Again, I had a day go well...
Breakfast: blueberries and dry cheerios. Iced coffee with milk
Snack: blueberry yogurt
Lunch: veggie burger, 1 oz cheese on whole wheat
Snack: crackers and hummus
Then Marcia suggested JP Licks after work. How could I turn that down on such a gorgeous summer day? I suggested we walk to JP Licks and stuck to my plan to run later that evening. I got a kiddie size oatmeal cookie frozen yogurt with mini chocolate chips... yum.
Now, my run on Sunday had been tough, and I was uncertain of my ability to reach my goal of running to the pond and halfway around it before walking. Well I BLEW MY GOAL OUT OF THE WATER. I ran ALL the way around the pond and only stopped twice briefly on the run back from the pond.
I seriously can't tell if it was the cooler weather, the sugar charge from the ice cream, or the combination of both that made the run go easier. Seriously contemplating eating ice cream more often if that's what it takes to get me going...
While running and thinking through the guilt associated with the unplanned ice cream, I decided I would allow myself a light meal when I got home when and if I felt hungry. I did wind up feeling hungry a short while after returning, so I made Trader Joe's spicy peanut slaw recipe, which is shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, and their spicy peanut viniagrette. It was fantastic! Crispy, peanut-y and spicy, totally satisfying. AND the spice made me want to drink an additional glass of water (I had a bottle immediately after my run). Speaking of spicy, Marcia, who is apparently a yogurt freak, suggested adding spices to plain yogurt, as one would to sour cream, to make a healthier vegetable dip. I don't really like plain yogurt but am definitely willing to give this a try.
So I'm feeling really good.
Today was something of a rough day at work and while musing on my run it occurred to me that the last time I was focused fitness I was not happy with the job I had at the time. I have his weird (slightly irrational) fear that with only so much total energy to expend, if I start devoting some to fitness, I will not have the energy to feel fullfilled in other aspects of my life. Not sure what to do with that one... but hoping to prove it wrong by experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment